Most people’s go-to toilet cleaner products contain toxic ingredients. That’s why instructions say that we must avoid any direct skin contact and must be keep out of reach of children because when ingested, it can bring catastrophic, sometimes deadly consequences. So why not just make your own that’s all natural and still very effective! You can even have your kids help you make them, and feel confident in having them use them to do chores because they’re safe.
- 2/3 cup citric acid
- 2 cups baking soda
- Spray bottle of water (will need just a few sprays)
- Essential oils of preference (I suggest lemon or orange and up to 30 drops of each)
- Mix baking soda and citric in a bowl. (Wear gloves and a mask if your eyes and skin are sensitive.)
- Spray water into the mixture and keep mixing as you go. You want the mixture to be barely wet turning it into a mold. 1-2 sprays should do it.
- Add your essential oils of choice and keep mixing.
- Once done, separate mixture into single uses. ½-1 tsp measure is advisable. Place them on a piece of parchment paper or silicon mold and dry overnight. Once dry, carefully place in an airtight container like a jar or zip lock bag and use as needed. Simply drop a fizzy into the toilet bowl, allow it to sit for 5 minutes, and then scrub as usual.
It’s that easy and not to mention economical. What do you think? What essential oils are you going to use? Comment below!