Today I will be sharing with you a muscle-building and healthy fat building, high-calorie smoothie recipe. Having this smoothie in the morning will really be an amazing nutritional start to your day.
- 1 serving protein powder (I recommend SunWarrior for vegan option and XM Protein for non-vegan)
- 8 ounces of any of the following: cashew milk, almond milk or coconut milk
- 1 banana
- 1 teaspoon of coconut oil
- Some ice
- Baby Spinach leaves
Throw all ingredients in a high powered blender. Blend until smooth.
- If you’re preparing this for kids and you want to sneak in some more healthy calories, I suggest 1 TBSP of Almond Butter.
- Gradually increase the amount of Baby Spinach over time. Spinach is a great source of protein and fiber.
- Use Medjool Dates as sweetener.
I hope this amazing super simple recipe works for you and your kids. What other healthy sugar substitutes do you use? Write in the comments below.