I have a great chili recipe just in time for Halloween! This recipe serves 8 people.
- 1 large sweet potato
- 2 tsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 medium onion
- 1 yellow bell pepper
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 tsp oregano
- 1 Tbsp cumin
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 4 fresh tomatoes, chopped, or 1 can tomatoes
- 2 C frozen or raw corn
- 2 cans black beans, drained (or 3 C cooked)
- 2 cans kidney beans, drained (or 3 C cooked)
- 1 C filtered water
- 1 C vegetable broth
- 2 C pumpkin puree
- 1 tsp sea salt
- Optional: greek yogurt & avocado for garnish
- Chop sweet potato into 1-inch cubes and set aside.
- Heat olive oil in a large sauce pan. Dice the onion, yellow bell pepper and garlic, and add to the sauce pan to begin sauteeing until onion is translucent.
- Stir in the oregano, cumin, chili powder, sweet potato, tomatoes, beans, corn, water, broth, and pumpkin puree.
- Bring to a boil, then lower the heat and simmer for 40 minutes or until sweet potato is tender.
- Garnish and serve.
What do you think of this chili recipe? Write in the comments below!